Jane Weed, former Mayor of Santa Cruz
California Progressive Alliance
We oppose the recall of Drew Glover and Chris Krohn. Please feel free to add California Progressive Alliance to your list of organizations opposing this outrageously unfair recall. Recalls are not meant for political disagreements (it’s a constitutional right for every citizen, including and especially every democratically-elected official, to hold their own political perspective). We want our elected officials to fight for progressive political views (which Drew and Chris are doing). Recalls should be utilized for situations of corruption and malfeasance.Gayle McLaughlin, September 2, 2019
People’s Democratic Club
The People’s Democratic Club resolves against the recall campaign against Santa Cruz City Council members Drew Glover and Chris Krohn. A recall should only be initiated when there is clear evidence of serious malfeasance in office. Political disagreement and unsubstantiated accusations are not appropriate grounds for a recall. Without taking sides on the political positions of Council members Chris Krohn and Drew Glover, we are convinced that there are no legitimate grounds for a recall of these duly elected Council members.Approved by a quorum of members, August 8, 2019
Santa Cruz Climate Action Network
In their time on the City Council, Chris Krohn and Drew Glover have been Santa Cruz’s strongest advocates for climate action and climate justice, initiating new policies and helping re-shape the city’s projects to address the climate crisis.
Krohn and Glover are the most socially and environmentally innovative Santa Cruz City council members, converting energy, time, thought and compassion into bold action without regard for their own self-interest, always seeking consensus in the council and building public awareness.
- Council member Krohn helped draft the city’s Declaration of a Climate Emergency, and shepherded it to unanimous approval by the City Council.
- Council member Glover drafted and won Council approval for a Santa Cruz Green New Deal, which would prioritize frontline communities and minorities as we convert our local economy to a carbon-neutral one.
- Krohn and Glover’s voices and votes have been and still are crucial on climate-related issues like library renovation vs. library/parking garage.
- They have been staunch advocates of Transportation Demand Management, opposing the widening of highway one.
- Glover and Krohn joined Council members Brown and Cummings on a Council vote to issue bus passes to all workers Downtown, as a way to reduce car trips and parking demand.
- Council member Krohn helped SC CAN and allies initiate talks with individual council members on setting dates for Zero Greenhouse Goals and a plan to fulfill them by 2030.
Santa Cruz Climate Action Network Planning Committee, September 2019
Ed Porter, former City Councilmember of Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz for Bernie
Santa Cruz for Bernie opposes the recall campaign against Santa Cruz City Council members Drew Glover and Chris Krohn.Jeffrey Smedberg, July 27, 2019
A recall should only be initiated when there is clear evidence of serious malfeasance in office. Political disagreement and unsubstantiated accusations are not appropriate grounds for a recall. From a neutral perspective on the political positions of Council members Chris Krohn and Drew Glover, we are convinced that there are no legitimate grounds for the recall of these duly elected Council members.